Monday, June 30, 2008

VBS After Party

Last week was Vacation Bible School at our church. Chandler, bring the big 5 year old, was finally old enough to go without me working it! Friday night was Family Night. They had a big water slide and two bounce houses.
Chandler waiting in line for the water slide
Chandler at the top... that guy would pick the kids up above his head and rocket (more like throw) them down the slide! I was a bit frightened seeing him to that to my sweet Chan Chan! That's Chan careening down!
Poor little Heathie was too short to go down the slide... Here he is watching Bubba and the other kids slide time and time again.
Because he was standing there with such a sad face, one of the guys said, "Do you want to just get in the water for a minute?" Heath said yes so I lifted in over into the little pool and the guy splashed him a few times. As soon as he got in, he started to cry! I got him out and asked him what was wrong. He said, "I no want to get wet...!?!"

So, we took off his wet shirt and went to bounce in the bounce houses!
Crazy jumpin' boy!
Actually caught a close up through the mesh...
Chandler never came to jump in the bounce house. He spend the whole hour sliding down the water slide, waiting in line and doing it again and again and again! He teamed up with his friend from school, Hayden, and they slide together. Hayden's mom was sweet enough to keep an eye on Chan for me so I could take Heath to the bounce houses.
We had a great time! Chan loved VBS! He felt SOOO big being able to go to church by himself and stay out SOOO late (9:30). My friend, Marianne, brought him home each night since the other three kiddos were already asleep for the night.



No comments: